The ABA was formed in 2009 to help further develop and promote the sport of blokart land sailing through:
- Interaction with the International Blokart Racing Association (IBRA) by providing an elected delegate to be part of the committee
- Guiding people in the formation of new clubs
- Providing resources to clubs e.g. IBRA rules, constitutions, Insurance, race formats
- Helping clubs host Regional, State, National and eventually International events
The Association also actively encourages :
- Opportunities for members to socialise together with the community to spread the sport of Blokart sailing
- Interaction with other Blokart clubs on a regular basis
- Helping members participate successfully at events
- Clubs to run family orientated fun events in safe environments.
The Association is run by delegates from each club elected onto the committee at the annual AGM. A current delegate list is available on the contact us page.
The ABA is an Incorporated Association registered in Victoria, number A0052469L.